Just three weeks after their last confrontation in a dramatic Nations League final, the United States and Canada meet again on Sunday for this quarter-final of the Gold Cup.
Last month’s game saw the United States win 2-0, thanks to goals from Chris Richards and Folarin Balogun, and while the Canadians will be desperate to avenge that loss, they go into this game without a number of key players, including star striker Jonathan David. .
BJ Callaghan’s USMNT confirmed their status as tournament favorites heading into this game with back-to-back 6-0 wins over St. Kitts & Nevis and Trinidad & Tobago.
Canada’s journey to the last eight of the Gold Cup has, meanwhile, been a difficult one. After playing out a 2-2 draw with Guadeloupe in their opener and an equally disappointing goalless draw with Guatemala, John Herdman’s side managed to seal their progress with a 4-2 victory against Cuba on Tuesday night.
Below we will describe the best live tv streaming services to use to watch the game live wherever you are in the world.
USA versus Canada: when and where?
The United States takes on Canada at TQL Stadium in Cincinnati on Sunday July 9. Kickoff is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET, 5 p.m.. PT in the United States and Canada (1am BST in the UK and 12am AEST on Monday July 10 in Australia).
How to watch the USA vs Canada game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you’re unable to view the game locally, you may need another way to watch – this is where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your game day speeds by encrypting your traffic, and it’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and connections.
With a VPN, you can virtually switch locations on your phone, tablet, or laptop to access the game. Most VPNs, like our Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPNmake it really easy to do.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in all countries where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK, and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service that you broadcast. You need to make sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even when VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it believes is circumventing properly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great VPN offers is taking place at the moment.
Stream the USA vs Canada match live in the USA
Saturday’s game is on Fox Sports 1 with Spanish commentary coverage also available via TUDN USA. If you don’t have Fox Sports 1 in your cable lineup, it can be streamed via Sling TV, as well as other more expensive streaming TV services.
Stream the USA vs Canada game live in the UK
UK broadcast rights for this game are with Viaplay, with kick-off scheduled for 1:00 a.m. BST in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Stream the USA vs Canada game live in Canada
If you want to stream this Gold Cup clash live in Canada, you need to subscribe to FuboTV Canada.
Can I stream USA vs Canada live in Australia?
There are currently no confirmed broadcasters for this key Gold Cup match Down Under.
The only alternative is to use one of our best VPN services as described above, set your location to a country on that page that’s streaming, and go from there. Just be aware that most paid streaming services will require a credit card based in the country of origin of the service.
Quick Tips for Stream CONCACAF Gold Cup 2023 Using a VPN
- With four variables in play – your ISP, browser, video streaming provider, and VPN – your experience and success when streaming Gold Cup matches may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as the default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for a city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after turning on your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure that the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address registered in your account. Second, some smart TVs – like Roku – don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or whatever mobile hotspot you use (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network will now appear in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with Smart TV services, after installing a cable network’s sports app, you will be asked to verify a numeric code or click on a link sent to your registered email address for your Smart TV . This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, as both devices will appear in the correct place.
- And remember, browsers can often give away location despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-focused browser to connect to your services. We normally recommend Brave.